Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reading from Gst Registry

This last week I worked to read info from GstRegistry. This info should help the EncodingProfiles list of possible formats to convert, and also, as commented in my previous post from Laszlo, this could help on recognizing mimetypes supported too.

It was not hard to read plugins and their features - as these all are very well documented in Gstreamer docs, I just lost some time searching the "get_possible_dynamic_pad_templates". The possible dynamic pads templates are included in the static templates... So I read their pads templates and caps, then I just need to parse them in somehow to it help in building profiles list. Parsing registry is needed too to check if plugins from each transcode operation are available.

With registry parsed, now comes the question: How it could help to build the list? A way that I'm thinking on is to rank the features by their caps mimetypes which each one can generate, and then somehow put them in XML list to help others to compose each transcode operation. Another way is to just build a table with these info, allowing re-ordering and filtering according to each feature details. Ideas?

No comments: